2. One-man wrecking machine: To not be surpassed by his pass-catching counterpart, Thompson has become Washington’s most indispensable weapon on offense, leading they in scrimmage yards, targets, receptions, receiving yards and total touchdowns. With Take advantage of Kelley questionable to experience, it’ll be Thompson and rookie Samaje Perine, a youthful man’s Lightning and Thunder, transporting the burden from the Leaders. While Might has surrendered 100 hurrying yards in every of their first three games, they have done fairly well restricting dual-threat backs (James White-colored, Darren Sproles) to smaller sized gains, far unlike the explosive plays Thompson has damaged in recent days.
The Monday night matchup now pits two hottest teams, quarterbacks and pass-catching running backs against each other inside a raucous venue. Tasty.
5. Active or inactive?: That’s, if Swearinger even plays. The security is one kind of five critical Redskins players who’re questionable to accept field against Might. Swearinger includes a hamstring star tight finish Jordan Reed could miss another straight game having a rib injuries you have to Take advantage of Kelley wideout Jamison Crowder might cede more targets to Josh Doctson if he needs to sit by helping cover their a bum hammy and linebacker Mason Foster’s shoulder is holding him back.
3. Sack city?: Lost in K.C.’s hot start would be that the backbone from the franchise, Bob Sutton’s defense, continues to be excelling. Brought with a healthy Justin Houston and Marcus Peters, the Leaders are mirroring their big-play offense concentrating on the same play on the other hand from the ball. Houston leads they and is probably the top 5 league-wide with four sacks, while Peters is in the middle of another stellar campaign locked on teams’ top weapons. Terrelle Pryor’s slow start will probably continue against Peters on Monday night, meaning Kirk Cousins might have one less receiver to focus on and, with Houston and Chris Johnson hurrying him, very little time to obtain the ball out.
But next around the docket for that Skins is really a franchise which has known no equal to date this year: the undefeated Might LeadersKay.D. has performed total football through three days, lounging waste towards the protecting champs, a spry Eagles team and Philip Rivers’ transplanted Bolts. Because of a job-year launch in the ever-efficient Alex Cruz and dynamite rookie campaign from Kareem Search, the Leaders are sitting pretty atop the American Football Conference and, more to the point, Elliot Harrison’s Power Rankings.
This is what we are searching toward once the Skins undertake the Leaders at Arrowhead Stadium on Monday evening:
4. Secretaries of Defense: Probably the most shocking performance of Week 3 was unquestionably Washington shutting lower Derek Carr’s Raiders in prime time, brought by Greg Manusky’s aggressive and under-the-radar defense. The Skins held Oakland to simply over 100 total yards, swamped Carr within the pocket and covered the Raiders’ top wideouts. Can Washington accomplish exactly the same magic on the highway against among the league’s most creative offenses? Answer to the Skins’ strategy from the Leaders is going to be safety D.J. Swearinger. The previous Cardinals enforcer will probably be given the job of blanketing Travis Kelce, that has arranged at virtually every offensive position and whose role every week is unpredictable.
1. Around the Search: Permit him to reintroduce themself. The final time a nationwide TV audience caught a peek at the rookie, he tallied up an unthinkable 246 yards from scrimmage and three scores from the Pats in Foxborough. Since that time, Search continues to be the benchmark because of not just rookie runners, but all skill position players, pacing the league with 538 total yards. Will the transcendent first-year phenom continue his streak of scoring a 50-plus-yard touchdown (three in three career games!) against a Washington defense that simply shut lower Marshawn Lynch and Oakland’s four-pronged ground operation, and hang rookie yardage records along the way?
Playing their second consecutive prime-time game, the Washington Redskins’ stock is through the roof. Their destruction from the formerly heralded Gambling automobile up a whole industry towards the wonders of Greg Manusky’s underrated defense, introduced the planet to dual-threat marvel Chris Thompson, you will find, advised the D.C. front office why Kirk Cousins may be worth his franchise tag, and perhaps then some.