WESH 2 News space reporter Dan Billow noted this building houses SpaceX rockets which have came back from space flight. Your building was formerly used throughout the takes space shuttle era to keep and process products that might be loaded in to the shuttle cargo bay.
Chief Quinn stated the SpaceX building didn’t have the symptoms of hazardous materials inside it.
The fireplace was extinguished, after which firefighters needed to peel back the rooftop to guarantee the fire was completely out. Chief Quinn stated the reason for the fireplace wasn’t known. Detectives in the Condition Fire Marshal’s Office were known as to research.
Port Canaveral spokeswoman Diane Luensmann stated the fireplace and firefighting operation didn’t change up the 24/7 activities in the port, although roads within the immediate area were blocked to have an hour approximately.
A SpaceX spokesman gave WESH 2 News this statement: “This mid-day a little fire happened on the top of the SpaceX building at Port Canaveral. Because of the Canaveral Fire Save and also the Brevard County Fire Save, who responded in a few minutes, the fireplace was extinguished. There wasn’t any harm to any SpaceX equipment or hardware because of the fireplace. The reason for the fireplace is under analysis.”
The big building, and difficulty reaching the fireplace made the task tough. Firefighters putting on plenty of heavy protective equipment and equipment needed to climb 75-feet tall ladders within the hot Florida mid-day sun to achieve the blaze. One firemen experienced heat stress, and it was come to a medical facility to become checked. There have been not one other injuries.
The SpaceX building in Port Canaveral was broken inside a fire Sunday evening. Heavy smoke put in the building at Magellan Road and Grouper Road, just north from the Coast Guard station, contributing to half miles west from the entrance towards the Cape Canaveral Air Pressure Station. The fireplace was reported at roughly 4:46 p.m. Cape Canaveral Fire Save, with the aid of neighboring agencies, labored the fireplace on the top from the building. Cape Canaveral Fire Save Assistant Chief Chris Quinn stated coming firefighters found active fire within the roof decking once they showed up.