Orlando City and FC Dallas were both searching to construct on their own midweek wins, but neither could on Saturday.
The Lions came nearest to locating a champion in second-half stoppage time through a set of Yoshimar Yotun chances, but FC Dallas goalie Jesse Gonzalez made big saves to keep your match scoreless.
What exactly were split on Saturday evening at Orlando City Stadium, as Orlando and Dallas performed to some scoreless draw. Both teams were built with a couple of chances to interrupt the deadlock, but neither mustered in the necessary quality within the final third.
- NO REPLAY: Among the greatest plays within the match arrived the 2nd half whenever a Kellyn Acosta shot ricocheted off of Seb Hines’s outrstretched arm within the penalty area. FC Dallas clamored for any penalty kick, but never got the phone call, not really through Video Review since referee Armando Villarreal and the crew controversially considered it-not necessary.
- LATE HEROICS: Orlando City came not far from locating a late champion, but Gonzalez declined to enable them to get front. He stopped Yotun on the shot within the 93rd minute through getting lower and making themself big, after which used his face to prevent another Yotun effort three minutes later. Gonzalez, who finished the sport with four saves, also impressively stopped a Hines header earlier within the other half.
- PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS: The draw did little to assist both clubs’ postseason aspirations. While Orlando’s chances were already slim and today on existence support, Dallas’ lack of ability to get three points leaves the doorway open for that Western Conference side to be surpassed on points by Real Salt Lake and also the Houston Dynamo now. Dallas really needed more out of this game.
- ORL: Sunday, March. 15 – vs. Columbus Crew SC (5 pm ET MLS LIVE)
- DAL: Saturday, March. 7 – at Colorado Rapids (9 pm ET MLS LIVE)