WASHINGTON DC, KOMPAS.com – A Chinese defector claims to have tried to warn top US officials about the deadly new virus in Wuhan, five months before the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Covid-19 a pandemic.
Wei Jingsheng admitted to raising his concerns about the current situation to senior figures in the Trump administration, but was later ignored.
Also read: GLOBAL POPULAR: An elementary school is suspected of triggering China to experience another increase in Covid-19 cases | Brutal Execution with Honey and Milk
Jingsheng is a campaigner for China’s longtime democracy, who is already serving a prison sentence for “counter-revolutionary activities”.
In a surprising new documentary, he admits to making an approach to the US government in November 2019.
At that time, talk of the “new SARS virus” started circulating on WeChat and other Chinese social media platforms.
“I felt like they didn’t care, unlike me, so I tried my best to provide more details and information,” he told Sky News dalam film dokumenter ”What Really Happened in Wuhan”.
Get information, inspiration and insight from email you.
“They may not believe that the government of a country would do such a thing (covering up the virus), so I kept repeating it (information) in an attempt … to persuade them.”
Also read: China Reports Covid-19 Infection Again, Lockdown of One City with 2.9 Million Population
According to him, Xi Jinping’s authoritarian regime tried desperately to shut down whistleblowers and silence any discussion about the virus in the early stages of the Wuhan outbreak.
Even that was done when the countless number of corpses started flooding the city hospital.
Any reference made on social media about the new SARS virus or the “outbreak” is censored.
Brave medical staff who tried to speak out and warn the world were detained, and forced to sign false confessions related to (attempts) sparking panic.
Jingsheng, who was exiled to the US the previous year, claimed to know what was happening through Beijing Communist Party insiders, who shared their fears about the situation and described the central government as a cover-up.
Also read: China’s Think Tank: The US is the Most Failed Country to Handle the Covid-19 Pandemic
But even though the impending health crisis will destroy the US and the rest of the world, he claims his message is not being taken seriously.
The Chinese dissident did not reveal which US political leader he spoke to. But he insisted they were senior government figures and were close to then President Donald Trump.
“I’m not sure if this politician wants me to talk about him here,” he said Daily Mail on Wednesday (15/9/2021).
“But I want to say that he is a high enough politician, tall enough to be able to reach the President of the United States.”
Read also: Biden: China still holds important information about the origin of Covid-19
As coronavirus cases continue to hit China, the authoritarian nation is suspected of hiding the outbreak from the WHO until December 31, when it is no longer possible to withhold information about its whereabouts.
But even so, Beijing denied the virus could be passed from person to person until finally after a month of recognizing the danger in late January.
The WHO called the mysterious outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on January 30, 2020, when infections began to hit other countries including the US earlier in the same month.
The virus was officially known as Covid-19 on February 11, 2020, before being declared a pandemic a month later by the WHO on March 11.
So far there have been 226 million cases of Covid-19 resulting in more than 4.6 million deaths worldwide, with more than 628,000 of those deaths occurring in the US.
Also read: US intelligence is still confused about the origins of Covid-19